GoPro’s Hero4 Black was the first standard action cameras used before YI 4K action camera. It can shoot 4K at 30 frames per second, 1080p at a blistering 120fps, and the photo footage from both looks fantastic. After 2 years from this camera new YI 4K action camera is come with very high features and applications. The Yi 4K+ Action Camera is just as portable as its more well-known rival – and with just as poor a battery life (less than two hours).
In the Photo mode, you have a good amount of options, considering this is an action camera. If you click the cog icon, you can change resolution (the maximum available is 12MP), shutter speed (from automatic, to lengths starting from 2seconds, going up to 30 seconds), metering mode, white balance, ISO (Auto, 100 – 800 is available), exposure compensation and you can choose to add a time stamp. Speaking of the waterproof casing, which is available directly from YI – or you can get third-party cases if you prefer, you’ll need to take the camera out of the casing any time you want to change a setting. Unlike the original Yi 4K, this new version recharges via USB-C port , and in the box is an adaptor for hooking-up an external microphone. It takes a microSD card up to 64GB. ‘
The YI is almost exactly a GoPro. It looks exactly like a GoPro. It can shoot at the same high speeds as the GoPro Hero4 Black. The Hero4 black costs $500(appox 33,000Rs) and the YI 4K costs $250(appox 16,500Rs).
Why Should you buy this ?
If you know about GoPro Hero4 Black for some time but you haven’t invest in any one than it’s a great opportunity to save a bit of cash in Yi 4K action camera. Almost all the features of GoPro will get in Yi action camera with less price. However, simplicity is the Yi 4K+ Action Camera’s biggest attribute, and if you’ve no need for the GPS, accelerometer and gyroscope found on the GoPro Hero6 Black, why pay for them?
Lightweight, easy to use and producing great quality 4K video and stills that’s so easy to transfer to a phone for sharing, the Yi 4K+ Action Camera is an impressive way to save a substantial slab. The main improvement of this Yi Technology 4K+ Action camera is that each photo in 4K at 60 fps, so if you have already got Yi first action cam than skip second version and Gopro also.
YI 4K+ SPECS
- Processor-Ambarella A9SE (Latest Processor)
- Sensor-Sony IMX377 12MP 1/2.3″ (Latest Sensor)
- Display-Built-in 2.19-inch retina widescreen with touch. 640-by-360 pixels at 330 ppi
- 4K video: up to 60fps
- 1080p video: up to 120fps
- Still images: 12MP (JPEG and raw)
- Rear screen: 2.2-inch touchscreen
- Wi-Fi module-Broadcom BCM43340 dual-band, 802.11a/b/g/n, 2.4GHz/5GHz, above 3MB/s download speed * (High Speed)
- Gyroscope/Accelerometer-Embedded low power high resolution 3-axis accelerometer and 3-axis gyroscope
- Microphone-Dual microphone
- Power on Speed-3 seconds
- Slow Motion Mode-Supports 1/8, 1/4 and 1/2 speed slow motion directly. No need to edit later
- Manual Mode-Supports manual setting for shutter/ISO/EV/WB